Servicios Legales en español, haga clic aquí
Navigating legal issues such as eviction or child custody can be daunting. Family Center attorneys work to keep vulnerable clients and their families stronger, longer by representing them in court and providing them with expert legal counsel.
The Family Center represents eligible clients in the following substantive areas:
- Nonpayment and Holdover Housing Matters
- NYCHA Administrative Hearings
- Housing Succession Rights
- Food Stamps
- Medicaid/ Medicare
- HASA Benefits, Welfare and Fair Hearings
- SSI/SSDI Hearings and Appeals
Family Law, including:
- Child Custody, Visitation and Adoption
- Guardianship for Children and Disabled Adults
- Standby Guardianship and Guardianship
- Child and Spousal Support
Lifetime planning, including:
- Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Proxies
- Living Wills
- Last Will and Testament
Our attorneys also conduct clinics and workshops –for both clients and providers– on the topics listed above, throughout the five boroughs of New York City. For more information on hosting a workshop, please contact The Family Center Legal Services Department by calling (718) 230-1379 ext.150 or emailing email@example.com.
For law students and graduates interested in internships, fellowships, or fulfilling their pro-bono requirements for NY Bar admission, click here to read more and then please contact Adam Halper, Director of Legal Services.