Operating out of our Brooklyn office, The Family Center YouthNet program works to keep local Brooklyn families stronger, longer. Our Master’s level mental health professionals provide the following intensive services to families:
- Intervention assistance to families with adolescents who are truant from school, actively using substances, or gang involved;
- Preventive services to adolescents who are at risk of out-of-home placement and those returning to the community after residential placement.
The Family Center’s latest child welfare program, FamilyNet serves children and families residing in Brooklyn and Manhattan. Keeping families stronger, longer, FamilyNet’s goal is to minimize the issues that place their children at-risk for out-of-home placement.
FamilyNet has been featured in a NYC Administration for Children’s Services e-newsletter! Click here to view.
Services available to children and families in FamilyNet include:
- Preventive services to keep children in their homes
- Benefits assistance, including housing advocacy and help enrolling in SSI et al.
- Educational advocacy and childcare support
- Early intervention programming with a special emphasis on the use of play therapy to help young children connect with and manage their feelings
- On-site groups, including those that cover teen empowerment and parenting journeys
YouthNet and FamilyNet serve clients referred to us by the New York City Administration for Children’s Services, which generously funds both programs.
Help keep children in their homes - donate today.