The Family Center’s child welfare program, Family Net/ Family Connections is an evidence-based program that works with vulnerable families in their homes and communities to address child and family safety and risk. Keeping families stronger, longer, Family Net/ Family Connections’ goal is to minimize the issues that place their children at-risk for out-of-home placement.
Family Net/ Family Connections serves children and families residing in Brooklyn. Services available to children and families in Family Net include:
- Clinical assessments
- Intensive home & community-based interventions
- Solution-focused services to help families reach goals quickly in 4-8 months
- Benefits assistance, including housing advocacy and help enrolling in SSI et al.
- Educational advocacy and childcare referrals
- Early intervention programming with a special emphasis on the use of play therapy to help young children connect with and manage their feelings
- On-site groups, including those that cover teen empowerment and parenting journeys
- Concrete & emergency services
- Access to other Family Center services
Family Net/ Family Connections serve clients referred to us by the New York City Administration for Children’s Services, which generously funds this program. We also accept referrals from community-based organizations, schools and self-referrals.
If you would like to participate in Family Net/ Family Connections, please contact Director Kandrea Higgins at (718) 230-1379 ext. 110 or email her.
Help keep children in their homes – donate today.