Through Brooklyn Women Enjoying Life (B-WEL), The Family Center supports Brooklyn women impacted by substance use, HIV risk, and trauma. Our goal is to help Brooklyn women reduce risky behaviors while creating and maintaining positive change.
- Free 10-week Anger Management class
- Monthly Women’s Recovery Support Group
- Rotating workshops supporting different areas of wellness (Yoga, Crafting Circle, Self-Care workshop, New Year’s Resolution Group, etc.)
- Seeking Safety group for women affected by trauma, PTSD (Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder), and/or substance use
- Free and confidential HIV rapid testing, results in 20 minutes
- Screenings for substance use disorders and personalized referrals for addiction treatment services
- Brief Interventions (short counseling sessions) to both reduce risk of substance use/HIV and increase motivation to seek treatment
- Staff trained in Motivational Interviewing, SBIRT (screening, brief intervention, referral to treatment), and both abstinence and harm reduction models of recovery
- Ongoing trauma-informed case management support
The Family Center is grateful to the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) for partnering with our agency to offer B-WEL to the women of Brooklyn.
All services offered by B-WEL are 100% free and confidential. For more information about B-WEL, please call (718) 230-1379, ext. 182.