1. In 2015, we served 4,135 New Yorkers in 1,954 client families.
2. Our Pfizer-funded research study demonstrated that HIV-positive clients receiving our services achieve higher CD4 counts and lower viral loads.
3. Also in 2015, our attorneys saved taxpayers, and won in verdicts and settlements for clients, an estimated $6.6 million.
4. Our diabetes treatment and prevention program has screened over 1,300 Central Brooklyn residents to-date, with 66% found to be diabetic or pre-diabetic.
5. Research has shown that parents and caregivers in our ESLS program are less depressed and able to provide more intellectually-stimulating homes for their children after working with The Family Center.
6. Our programming for grandparent-headed families is one of only two programs funded by New York State Office of Children and Family Services in our specific category.
7. 96% of the client families we serve live below the poverty line. 90% percent of them are headed by single mothers, with 10% headed by single fathers. 48% of clients are African American, 46% are Latino, 5% are Caucasian, and 1% are Asian.
8. As of June 2016, not one child in our Family Net/ Family Connections program was placed in foster care this year. Rather all children remained in safe, stable and loving homes, where parents and caregivers received intense parenting support.
9. Family Center staff are bilingual in multiple languages including Spanish, Creole, French, Korean and more.
10. All of The Family Center services are confidential and offered in all five New York City boroughs. Many of our social, legal and health management services are provided in the client family’s home.